Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day Nine

Ok.. haven't been the best at posting. I have an excuse, reason, rationale..whatever you like to call it. The days of bliss that I spoke of earlier did not last long. Friday was a no good very bad day. I noticed something after I came home. I was feeling very depressed. I knew about the chances of this from the drug and did not like feeling that way at all. I am generally a happy person. I even had the kids on Saturday and we had a great day. My daughter made the cheering squad, we went shopping to replace the quickly growing out of clothes, went to see the Bee Movie with friends, and then went out eat at the Red Robin in Augusta. Great place, great day.....but I didn't enjoy it. I was close to a tear all day.
I had had enough. I am supposed to take two pills a day. I didn't take the second dose.
I made a choice, I am quitting smoking because I don't want to be controlled by a substance. Well, I was not about to be controlled by a medical drug either. So, what am i left with. Chantix is a fairly potent drug that my body is withdrawing from as well as the remnants of withdrawls from nicotine.
My body is a mess, my mind has left me, but already here on Tuesday morning I noticed my spirits picking up.
My body and mind will soon follow suit.
I am glad that I am writing this blog, so that I can remember these occurrences and not have them repeated.
Off to work I go

1 comment:

Stace said...

I'm am very proud of you and your will to over come such of a large addiction. Both your brother I have survived quiting but there isn't a day that goes buy that someone doesn't remind me of the smell or taste. I have though looked at it differently I look at this way my senses have strengthened and the smell of a smoker actually can be strong and not appealing, I noticed my teeth whiting and taste buds enhanced and the best thingis Chandlers breathing improved and he no longer had to use a inhaler in his daily life. That made it worth a million!! I will keep you strong in my thoughts and wish you the best.

Stacey